Take your chicken skewers to the next level with a sweet and tangy glaze made with our Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar.
Balsamic Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
Recipe type: Main course, hors d'oeuvre
- BALSAMIC TERIYAKI SAUCE:
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Solvang Olive Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1½ tsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup chicken stock (can use beef or vegetable stock)
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP mirin (may be substituted with dry white wine or sherry)
- CHICKEN AND SKEWERS:
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts sliced into ½ inch strips
- 2 TBSP Solvang Olive Organic Arbequina Olive Oil
- 8-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning
- To make the Balsamic Teriyaki Sauce, add butter to a saucepan and melt over medium-low heat. When the butter starts to bubble, add the shallots and garlic and cook until the shallots become translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Solvang Olive Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until the sauce is reduced by half. Stir frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan, stir well and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Coat with Solvang Olive Organic Arbequina Olive Oil and ½ cup balsamic teriyaki sauce. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350 °F
- Skewer chicken with bamboo sticks and grill on each side for 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Remove from grill and brush reserved ¼ cup teriyaki sauce over the chicken, serve.