Spice up your week night dinner with this savory Carne Asada made with our zesty Jalapeño Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Carne Asada With A Kick
Recipe type: Main course
- For the Asada
- 2 lbs Flank Steak
- 1 tbsp Solvang Olive Jalapeño Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Solvang Olive Organic Arbequina Olive Oil
- 2 Limes
- 1 Large Onion Sliced (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For The Tacos
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 Limes sliced into wedges
- 1 jar of salsa
- Any other desired toppings
- Set broiler to High.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together Solvang Olive Jalapeño Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Solvang Olive Organic Arbequina Olive Oil, and lime juice.
- Pour the mixture onto your flank steak, using a brush to thoroughly coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- Lay (optional) onions into a bed formation and drizzle with Solvang Olive Organic Arbequina Olive Oil.
- Place marinated flank steak on top of the bed. Slide in a few inches under broiler.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, flip meat, and broil for another 5-7 minutes. Asada is done when the edges are charred and crispy.
- Let your asada stand for 5 minutes before serving in warm tortillas, topped with the grilled onions, and a squeeze of lime. Pair with your favorite salsa.