Cake with olive oil? Try it. You won’t be disappointed.
Citrus Olive Oil Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin olive oil (we recommend either our Tuscan Blend, Lemon, or Blood Orange)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Toppings: Whipped cream and sliced almonds. Candied orange slices would also pair nicely. (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs, and zests in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in the milk. Gradually beat in the oil. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in the almonds.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake and place on serving platter. Sift powdered sugar over the cake and top with whipped cream and sliced almonds before serving (if desired).