Roasted Chicken in a Truffle Garlic Sauce
Author: Solvang Olive
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 4-5 servings
- Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 large whole chicken
- 1 cup Solvang Olive Tuscan Olive Oil
- ¼ cup roughly chopped garlic
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh thyme leave
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Truffle Garlic Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Solvang Olive Truffle Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Solvang Olive Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup port wine
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 head roasted garlic; cloves removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chicken:combine olive oil, garlic, and herbs in a large bowl. Add the chicken and coat with the marinade. over and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush chicken with the marinade. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a hot skillet, sear the breast sides 3 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Reducing the heat to 350 degrees baste chicken with marinade and pan juices, continue roasting for another 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest.
- Truffle Garlic Sauce:in large pan, heat the butter and Solvang Olive Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil over high heat. Add shallots and sauté until caramelized.
- Add the wine and reduce until almost dry. Adding stock and roasted garlic, cook until reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Removing from heat and strain into a saucepan. Whisk in the butter and Solvang Olive Truffle Olive Oil.
- Serve drizzled over chicken.