Get ready for the savory tastes of the fall with this creamy Mac and Goat Cheese featuring our Solvang Olive Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Enjoy on its own or as a side to our Roasted Chicken in a Truffle Garlic Sauce.
Grown-Up Rosemary Mac and Goat Cheese
Author: Solvang Olive
Recipe type: side dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 oz cavatappi or other shapely pasta
- 1 tsp Solvang Olive Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat, bring to a boil.
- Once the large pot of water is boiling, add pasta and cook to al denté as directed. Drain pasta into a colander and let sit.
- Place a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Combine Solvang Olive Rosemary Olive Oil, cream, milk, and garlic in the smaller pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the goat cheese, pepper, and salt with the cream. Stir until cheese is melted. Add flour while stirring to thicken.
- Combine the pasta to the sauce and stir.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with additional rosemary.
Photo Credit: Cafe Delights