Let’s make Thai tonight! Our Spicy Thai Noodle Steak Salad made with our Solvang Olive Jalapeno Olive Oil is simple to make and will shake up any weeknight meal.
Spicy Thai Noodle Steak Salad
Author: Solvang Olive
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 servings
- Solvang Olive Jalapeno Olive Oil
- ½ 8 oz package rice vermicelli noodles
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 English cucumber (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 cups of peanuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together lime juice, 3 tbsp water, sugar, sambal oelek, and fish sauce.
- Add to the large bowl cucumber, onion, watermelon, and noodles. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium high.
- Brush steak with Solvang Olive Jalapeno Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Add all but a few tablespoons cilantro to the noodle salad and toss.
Photo Credit: Food Network