Combined with our Tuscan Blend EVOO, this easy and tasty recipe is a crowd-pleasing addition to breakfast or brunch.
Sweet and Tangy Kumquat Bread
Recipe type: Dessert, Breakfast
- ⅔ cup milk or soy milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Tuscan Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup pureed or finely chopped kumquats
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup sugar
- For decoration: candied kumquat slices and 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- To puree kumquats: wash and cut each kumquat in half and remove seeds. Place kumquat halves in food processor and process until pureed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 8" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk/soy milk, eggs and oil.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add liquid mixture and stir until moistened.
- Fold in pureed kumquats and walnuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove cake and place on serving platter. Sift powdered sugar over the bread and top with candied kumquat slices.