Regions of Spain Producing Exceptional Olive Oil
Yes, there are several lesser-known regions in Spain that produce exceptional olive oil. These include Baena, Empeltre, and Les Garrigues.
- Located in Andalusia, in southern Spain.
- Known for its high-quality olive oils, boasting of the Protected Designation of Origin status.
- Produces olive oils with a balance of sweet, bitter and peppery notes.
- Found in Aragón, northeastern part of Spain.
- Produces oil from the Empeltre olive variety, lending a mild and fruity flavor.
- The oil has a unique texture and a slightly sweet aftertaste.
- Located in Catalonia, northeast Spain.
- Recognized for its high-quality extra virgin olive oil with Protected Designation of Origin status.
- The oils predominantly have fruity, fresh and slightly sweet notes.
Sierra de Cazorla
- In the Jaen province of Andalusia, southern Spain.
- Produces distinctive oils from Picual olives, known for their robust and peppery taste.
- These oils are highly valued for their antioxidant properties.